Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3


There are truly some great memories from today... I'm not exactly sure which story I'll tell for my album from today, but I wanted to record some memories from today so I don't forget... 

1. drinking hot cocoa with the kids... the way the two of them slurped theirs down with true joy and pleasure. Noelle sneaking marshmallows from the bag once her cocoa was gone. 

2. dancing in the kitchen with Noelle to Christmas music, teaching her a little jump and kick dance... the laughter it brought us both. 

3. making paper snowflakes. watching Parker cut with real scissors for the first time. The intense concentration he had on this for a good 10 minutes or so while Noelle & I were dancing. All the wincing I was doing while watching him, hoping and praying he didn't cut his fingers...  he was being quite careful, his technique just isn't quite there yet, but he was definitely focused and enjoying himself. 

4. finishing up the decorating... hanging the stockings, stringing lights through the garland, setting up the nativity scene, pulling out a few more candles. 

5. Noticing the way the kids had arranged their Little People nativity set... 


It stopped me in my tracks really... seeing the way they had pointed every character (minus the missing wise man) to look at baby Jesus and the reminder to me that this is exactly where I want and need my focus to be this Christmas season... on the Savior. The entire reason for the season. 
Isaiah 9:6-7

No comments: